If you’re seeing this on Sunday evening, you’re like me and getting ready for the week ahead. And let me tell you, we’ve got a big week ahead when it comes to improving reading outcomes for Illinois students!
On the afternoon of Tuesday, March 21, the Senate Education Committee will hear the Senate version (SB2243) of legislation which would have the State Board of Education create a comprehensive literacy plan. We need to continue growing the momentum surrounding literacy bills in the General Assembly. The best way for you to do that is to submit a witness slip showing your support!
Submitting a witness slip in support of this bill is easy! Follow these steps now to make an impact:
- Click this link.
- Fill in your information.
- For “Representation,” you can enter Illinois Early Literacy Coalition, or something like “parent” or “self”
- For “Position,” check “Proponent”
- For “Testimony,” check “Record of Appearance Only”
- Agree to the “Terms of Service.”
- Click “Create Slip”
I hope you will share this email with your friends and family and urge them to submit a witness slip before the Tuesday afternoon hearing. Together, let’s show Springfield the deep well of support for improving literacy in Illinois!