Electing Education Champions
Stand for Children supports candidates who are committed to fighting for education equity and racial justice to create a brighter future for us all. We look for champions at the state and local level who are bold, substantive, and solutions-oriented – leaders who move the needle forward for the next generation and dismantle the systemic barriers holding back too many in areas including education, economic opportunity, and equity.
The Illinois Primary Election is on June 28, 2022, and the General Election is on November 8, 2022.
For the June 28th Primary, the Stand for Children Illinois PAC considered only General Assembly candidates in contested elections. Our endorsed candidates are listed below. If you have questions, please contact us at [email protected].
(Paid for by Stand for Children Illinois PAC or Stand for Children Illinois IEC)
For the 2022 Primary Election, Stand for Children IL PAC endorses the following candidates for the General Assembly:
- Sen. Omar Aquino (D) 2nd District
- Rep. Lindsey LaPointe (D) 19th District
- Rep. Michael J. Zalewski (D) 21st District
- Rep. Justin Slaughter (D) 27th District
- Chelsea Laliberte Barnes (D) 51st District
- Laura Faver Dias (D) 62nd District
- Gregg Johnson (D) 72nd District
- Rep. Kathleen Willis (D) 77th District
- Erin Slone (D) 79th District
- Rep. Tony McCombie (R) 89th District
- Sharon Chung (D) 91st District
- Rep. Natalie Manley (D) 98th District
- Rep. Patrick Windhorst (R) 117th District
(Paid for by Stand for Children IL PAC)