I would usually not intrude on your Sunday evening unless it was a pressing reason. Tonight, I’ve got that reason.
On the morning of Wednesday, March 8, two bills in the Literacy and Justice For All package will be heard in the Illinois House. It’s vital for us to show committee members the strong support and momentum behind these bills!
Now is the time for us to act. You can make a difference for Illinois students and educators by submitting a witness slip in support of the two bills. One bill requires the State Board of Education to adopt a literacy plan for the state and the other enacts comprehensive literacy reforms for Illinois, including supporting districts with evidence-based literacy curriculum and supporting educators with evidence-based training and development.
Follow these simple instructions to make an impact:
- Click this link.
- Fill in your information.
- For “Representation,” you can put your organization, the Illinois Early Literacy Coalition, or something like “parent” or “self”
- For “Position,” check “Proponent”
- For “Testimony,” check “Record of Appearance Only” if you don’t have a statement to submit.
- Agree to the “Terms of Service.”
(When you’re done submitting a slip for that first bill, come back and submit one for this bill, too.)
Thank you for standing up for Illinois readers! Be sure to share this email widely with your friends and family!