What fees can be vacated?

  • Public defender fees (including application fees)  
  • Costs of court-ordered counseling, treatment, or education programs for parents or guardians   
  • Probation supervision fees   
  • Cost of care, treatment, or education programs while in custody, residential placement, or detention   
  • Cost of medical care while in custody, residential placement, or detention   
  • DUI screening fees    
  • Administrative victim fees   
  • Diversion fees    
  • Time payment fee   
  • Monetary assessments for certain offenses 
  • Cost of family counseling programs, community-based alternative programs, treatment programs, or diversion programs   

Note: Unpaid juvenile restitution and juvenile fines cannot be canceled. 

Click here for more information on what fees can be canceled

You must ask the court where your case was heard to have your unpaid juvenile fees vacated by completing a petition

The petition form can be completed by: 

  • Someone with fees owed from a previous juvenile case 
  • A parent or guardian, for their child with a juvenile case 
  • A parent or guardian, for themselves, if they owe fees as part of their child’s case 

The petition form can be completed by you or by your attorney. You do not need to have an attorney to complete the form.  

  • You must file a petition for each case you want unpaid fees vacated. You will need your case number, which you can find on your paperwork from the case, or you can call the court where the case was heard to ask for your case number. 
  • You must file the petition in the county where the juvenile case was heard. File the original form with the court clerk and a copy with the county or city attorney. There is no fee to file the petition. 
  • Click here for the petition form. You can use this form regardless of which county you will file the petition in. 
  • Click here for detailed instructions from the court about how to complete the petition

Links and Contact Information: 

Arizona Supreme Court website about vacating juvenile fees 

County Clerk contact information 

County Superior Court Clerk Phone Number 
Apache (928) 337-7550 
Cochise 520) 432-8600 (Bisbee) and (520) 803-3060 (Sierra Vista) 
Coconino (928) 679-7600 
Gila (928) 402-8866 (Globe) and (928) 474-3978 (Payson) 
Graham (928) 428-3100 
Greenlee (928) 865-4242 
La Paz (928) 669-6131 
Maricopa (602) 372-5375 
Mohave (928) 753-0713 (Kingman), (928) 453-0701 (Lake Havasu City) and (928) 758-0730 (Bullhead City) 
Navajo (928) 524-4188 
Pima (520) 724-4200 
Pinal (520) 866-5300 
Santa Cruz (520) 375-7700 
Yavapai (928) 771-3312 
Yuma (928) 817-4222 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *