Here’s your guide to voting for education champions for the State Board of Education this November in four easy steps!
1.) Learn more about the State Board.
- Visit the State Board of Education’s website.
- Check out our blog with an overview of some of the things the state board is responsible for (think oversee the Dept. of Education, appoint our commissioner, distribute millions in grant dollars and update state standards for what students should know and be able to do each year).
2.) Decide what’s important to you in a candidate!
- Do you want to elect someone that has experience in education? Is it important that your candidate talks about mental health supports for students?
3.) Research the candidates!
- Visit their websites, check out their Twitter feeds, and Google their name to see recent news coverage.
- Pull information from organizations you trust to see who they have endorsed. Stand Colorado’s endorsements are here.
- Hear from the candidates directly! Chalkbeat Colorado recently asked each candidate the same nine questions and you can read their responses here.
4. VOTE! Be sure to complete your ENTIRE ballot and vote all the way through, including the At-Large candidate for State Board of Education.
You’ve got this! Your ballot needs to be dropped off by 7pm Tuesday, November 8 but no need to wait – you can drop it in a secure ballot drop box as soon as you are done voting.