September marks a new school year, and the start of a new fiscal year at Stand, so we’re extending a momentous thank you to all of our supporters. Whether you’re a volunteer, community member, donor or partner organization, your commitment to education equity inspires us everyday and we couldn’t do our work without you. For a recap of our work from the past year, view our FY 23 report!
Are you a superintendent, school administrator, school board member, or educator who is interested in supporting equity in advanced coursework? Join us to kickoff our newest cohort on driving equitable enrollment. Registration is free and open now! Register by October 13th to enter to win a $100 gift card!
School Board Elections Update
ICYMI: Through our Stand for Children Washington PAC, our endorsements are live! You can view and share the announcements on Facebook, Instagram and X (formerly Twitter).
We are hosting volunteer phone banks on October 4 and 11 and need your help! Join us to call voters and get the word out about pro-equity, student-centered candidates who are pushing back against an extremist agenda. Learn more and sign up for your spot to make a positive impact.
Updates From Partners
- October 8th – League of Education Voters: Youth Advocacy Summit & Fall Fest at Highline College. Register Online.
- Our partners at TeamChild have back to school legal support available. If you or a student you know needs additional education support or advocacy, you can access the Youth Education Law Collaborative (YELC) hotline.
What We’re Reading
- A new report from the Washington Roundtable: Projected Decline in Credential Attainment Demands Bold Action and media coverage from The Seattle Times
- A new blog series from ACLU WA “Home Safe” and their first piece: Moving away from being tough on crime: How do we build resilient, safe communities?
- ICYMI: Our high school Communications Intern published Perspectives: The state of Washington dual credit courses today