We spent time this summer in conversation with parents, educators, policymakers, and community members. Now our team has identified goals that build upon our impact in recent years and act on what we heard in listening sessions. Will you please weigh in on our plans?
Our Goals for Next Year:
- Early Literacy
- Understanding how to better support educators to use the science of reading and evidence-based curriculums and practices in their literacy instruction.
- Ninth Grade Success
- Expanding funding for the Ninth Grade Success Grant program.
- Supportive Schools
- Promoting educator diversity by securing continued funding for policies that create equity in teacher preparation and alternative pathways to enter the workforce.
- Justice System Reform
- Helping prevent recidivism in our justice system by updating probation and parole supervision to include remote check-in options.
- Expanding access to criminal record sealing for non-violent offenses, helping to remove barriers to housing and employment.
- Reducing unjust fees for incarcerated individuals and their families.
We cannot do this work alone – we need your help! Read more about our priorities and let us know which ones you are interested in working with us to advance.