On March 17th, Superintendent Reykdal sent a letter to school superintendents outlining OSPI’s updated guidance around:
- Providing breakfast and lunch to all students. This will be done in a grab-and-go approach from locally determined locations;
- Providing emergency childcare at school sites for first responders and frontline health care workers. This is for preschool and school age children;
- Providing seniors with the content they need to meet their graduation requirements and to support their post-secondary transition;
- Offering learning opportunities for students and continued professional learning to staff;
- Continuing payroll for all employees
You can read the full letter here. Our team is grateful for everyone continuing to work on behalf of the students in our state. At Stand, we are more committed than ever to ensuring that every student recives a high quality education in Washington. We will continue to amplify messages from our state agencies to support families and students amidst our current reality.