If you are interested in writing or taping a story about K-12 education in Washington, getting information about a campaign or event, or getting our take on an issue, please contact:
- Anne Martens, Marketing & Communications Director, 206.902.7181 or email@example.com
Stand for Children Washington also works closely with coalition partners and are leading members of the following coalitions:
- Excellent Schools Now, which includes over 30 education, business and community organizations working together to improve our schools in order to increase student achievement, close the achievement gap and prepare students for college and career. Excellent Schools Now propsed a 5-year plan for better schools called A+ Washington, which was released in 2011 and recieved strong support from around the state.
- Ready Washington, which is providing parents and community members with accurate information about the Common Core, new, higher learning standards in math and English language arts so you know how your child is really doing in school.
- Vibrant Schools Tacoma focusing on our Tacoma school district work.
- Our Schools Coalition focusing on Seattle school district work.
All news releases will be posted on our blog. Contact Anne if you would like to be added to our distribution list to receive updates by email.