Stand for Children is the most effective, national, grassroots organization working to empower parents, elect courageous leaders, and improve public education.
Click here to see our one-pager on What We Stand For.
Our mission is to ensure that all children, regardless of their background, graduate from high school prepared for, and with access to, a college education. To make that happen, we:
- Educate and empower parents, teachers, and community members to demand excellent public schools.
- Advocate for effective local, state and national education policies and investments.
- Ensure the policies and funding we advocate for reach classrooms and help students.
- Elect courageous leaders who will stand up for our priorities.
We believe all children deserve an equal opportunity to succeed in life. Education is the key that unlocks the door to success, but far too many children, through no fault of their own, aren’t getting the education they need to make it in life. At Stand, we are passionately committed to righting this wrong, so that all children, regardless of their background, can graduate from high school prepared for, and with access to, a college education.
- Results for all children. It takes all of us, working together, to create change that will improve the lives of all our kids.
- Bold independence. We are non-partisan and child-focused, we put the best interests of students first. We fearlessly and unapologetically challenge the status quo in pursuit of solutions. We’re willing to take difficult stands because our priority is to get better results for all our children.
- Empowerment. We empower parents, educators, volunteers and staff so that they recognize their own power to make change in their communities. Our leaders build lasting networks that will support their work on behalf of students now and in the future.
- Diversity. We ensure that the people who are impacted by the decisions being made have a seat at the table and the advocacy skills to make their voice heard.
- Being the change we seek. Society is better off when the people affected by laws have a role in shaping them.
- Direct and respectful communication. We meet people where they are and talk about issues in a common sense way. We are transparent, honest and respectful in every conversation.