The role of our Washington State Advisory Board and our National Boards of Directors is to provide organizational guidance and leadership.
Washington State Leadership
Our Washington State Advisory Board includes the following members:
- Judy Bushnell, former teacher, former Bellevue School Board member including five years as president.
- Judy Chase, parent, education activist, member of Mercer Island Parent Edge and former Microsoft manager.
- Tonya Dressel, parent, education activist and former Microsoft marketing director.
- Garrison Kurtz, public policy and management consultant, former Washington State Preschool Director, and former program director at Thrive by Five Washington and the Foundation for Early Learning.
- Judy Runstad, Of Counsel, Foster Pepper. Judy is currently on the Board of Directors of Wells Fargo and Potlatch Corp., and has previously served on the board of the Seattle Foundation. She is former Board Chair of the Alliance for Education, the Greater Seattle Chamber of Commerce, the Downtown Seattle Association, and King County United Way. She has also served on six gubernatorial commissions.
- Jennifer Vranek, founding partner of consulting firm Education First. Former Executive Director of the Partnership for Learning and former vice-chair of the National Women's Political Caucus of Washington.
- Cindi Williams, parent, Principal, HCM Strategists. Formerly worked for the US Leadership Team at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, prior to that Cindi served as a Senior Advisor to the US Secretary of Education.
Click here to see the members of our National Board of Directors.
Click here to see the members of our Leadership Center Foundation's Board of Directors.