What We Do
STANDING FOR ALL CHILDREN
Stand for Children is a non-profit education advocacy organization focused on ensuring all students receive a high-quality and relevant education - especially those whose boundless potential is overlooked and under-tapped because of their skin color, zip code, first language, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability status.
WE MAKE AN IMPACT BY:
- Partnering with parents to support their child's education journey, and to become strong advocates
- Advocating for proven policies and funding, primarily focused on helping students reach make-or-break milestones
- Reading well by the end of the third grade
- Graduating high school ready for college, a career, or both
- Ensuring the changes we fight for reach classrooms and directly support students
- Electing candidates committed to fighting for an equitable public education system that gives all students a chance to succeed
Family engagement and organizing
Stand for Children Oregon partners with schools across Oregon to provide direct support to teachers, parents and students. Stand’s 9th Grade Success field programs offer parents the opportunity to get engaged within their student’s high school community, and learn how to ensure their 9th grader stays on track during this pivotal year. These programs also provide leadership development and part-time employment to parents and Stand members who become Stand for Children Parent Outreach Coordinators, and equip attendees with the information they need to help their students succeed in the classroom and beyond.
Policy & Advocacy
Our work at Stand for Children is thanks entirely to the support of passionate teachers, parents, community members and education advocates who fight passionately for better outcomes for our students. Stand members are never shy of a legislative fight when education is on the line.
We fight for leaders who fight for our students. It's that simple. We work tirelessly in the months leading up to elections. We advocate for great representation on our local school boards and in Salem. We educate voters on the candidates who have the best track records for education, and who keep children at the center of their policy priorities.