We are a family of parents, teachers, community leaders and education advocates that will not rest until every student in Oregon has access to a world-class education that prepares them for life beyond the classroom, whether their path leads to college, a career, or both.
Measure 98 – A grassroots solution to raise Oregon’s graduation rates
Stand for Children Oregon led the charge to draft Measure 98, campaigned to pass it overwhelmingly at the ballot box, pressured lawmakers to support it unanimously in Salem, and ultimately helped secure $170 million to bring it to life.As a result, high school students in every single school district in Oregon have new or expanded opportunities in Career and Technical Education (CTE), college readiness, and dropout prevention strategies.
These fields are proven to raise graduation rates, and better prepare students for life after high school, whether they pursue college, a career, or both.
Oregon Center for High School Success – Ensuring Measure 98 succeeds
Stand for Children Oregon launched the Oregon Center for High School Success (CHSS) in July 2017 to ensure schools and districts have the support they need to make Measure 98 a success for their kids. As policy experts who are intimately familiar with the nuances of Measure 98, our staff is a valuable and cost-free resource for educators across Oregon.CHSS works directly with school districts, offering a variety of supports:
- CHSS offers professional development opportunities, fosters peer-to-peer networking for educators, and helps ensure every student receives the support they need to succeed;
- CHSS is a planning partner for districts to map new CTE programs to high-demand, high-wage careers, and determine which equipment and program investments best meet their students’ needs;
- CHSS disseminates effective strategies and best practices, and facilitates a network of educators supporting one another across school district lines.
Visit the Oregon Center for HIgh School Success website by clicking HERE.
The Freshmen Success Network – Helping educators maximize their impact
Drawing on a partnership with the University of Chicago’s Network for College Success – the nation’s leading authority on Freshmen Success programs – Stand for Children Oregon and CHSS are bringing the foremost thought leaders and policy experts here to Oregon to ensure our 9th graders are on track to succeed in the classroom and beyond.
Network participants will:
- Hear directly from the University of Chicago policy experts who pioneered Freshmen Success research and programs;
- Learn from fellow educators who are already making Freshmen Success a reality for their students;
- Join a network of teachers, administrators and education advocates dedicated to seeing Freshmen Success efforts flourish, and help spread best practices across our state.