We did it! President Biden has signed the COVID-19 relief bill, providing hope and a lifeline to countless American families struggling through this pandemic.
Now, more families are going to be able to feed their kids, pay their rent, and cover their essential needs.
Here's some of what's included in the COVID-19 relief package:
- Expansion of the child tax credit to $3,600/year for each child under 6 and $3,000/year for children 6-17. Calculate how much your family could receive.
- Stimulus checks of $1,400 per person for individuals earning less than $75k/year and married couples earning less than $150k/year
- A $300 federal increase to weekly unemployment payments
- A 15% increase in food stamp benefits through September and continuation of Pandemic-EBT, which provides families with money to replace the free or reduced-price meals that children would receive at opened schools
- Funding to help families in need cover back rent, rent assistance, utilities, mortgages, and property taxes
- $125 billion to K-12 public schools to help students return safely to in-person learning
This legislation also includes funding dedicated to increase vaccinations and COVID-19 testing, support struggling small businesses, and help more people afford health insurance.
Thank you to everyone who helped make this victory possible.