Stand for Children is a non-profit education advocacy organization focused on ensuring all students receive a high quality, relevant education, especially those whose boundless potential is overlooked and under-tapped because of their skin color, zip code, first language, or disability. We make an impact by:
- Partnering with parents to support their children’s education journey and to become strong advocates.
- Advocating, mainly at the state and local level, for proven policies and funding primarily focused on helping students reach make-or-break milestones:
- Reading well by the end of third grade
- Graduating high school ready for college, career training, or a career
- Ensuring the changes we fight for reach classrooms and directly support students.
- Electing candidates committed to fighting for an equitable public education system that gives all students a chance to succeed.
We have more than two decades of experience working together with parents, communities, and organizations as partners to mobilize around the common goal of improving the odds for our students. Together, we advocate for strong policies at the state and local level, elect education champions who will keep children at the center of their policy priorities, and follow through to ensure new policies are effectively implemented in public school classrooms. See what we do to accomplish education advocacy from the classroom to the Capitol.
Access to a quality public education is a basic human right – one we are dedicated to protecting.