Washington State Operations Coordinator
The Role: Stand for Children Washington seeks a smart and passionate Operations Coordinator to deepen our impact by driving success in statewide donor and grants programs, supporting the Executive Director and Washington state team, and supporting the fundraising tactics of the 501c3, 501c4, and state political action committee.
Your role stands at the intersection of providing development and administrative support to our Washington affiliate and the fight to change the odds for historically underserved children and families. As a key member of Stand’s Washington team at a moment of tremendous need and opportunity -- Washington currently ranks 40th in the nation for high school graduation rates – you support the affiliate in their efforts to build on the progress to date to improve outcomes for students across the state.
Build systems and fundraising culture in the affiliate in support of the Executive Director achieving their financial sustainability goals
- Work closely with the Executive Director to create a systematic prospecting and moves management process to achieve financial goals;
- Research prospective new donors and funding opportunities in support of the Executive Director's ongoing prospect cultivation efforts;
- Arrange donor/prospect meetings, prepare briefings and support materials, coordinate site visits and program reports, and document all donor interactions and gift information in SalesForce;
- Utilize the donor database as a CRM resource tool;
- Work with the Finance Team Liaison to ensure that the affiliate is on target to meet financial sustainability goals;
- Plan, manage and staff fundraising events, as needed, including post-event debriefs and follow-up for donor cultivation;
- Manage fundraising administrative work, including gifts acknowledgement, data entry, and local check deposits;
- Assist with the building, management, cultivation of the Advisory Council and its involvement in the engagement of donors at a local level when deemed appropriate;
Research, structure and maintain a sustainable grants program
- Conduct research and due diligence for new foundations and grant prospects; gain guidance from Executive Director on approach as well as on expanding support from current foundations;
- Write and steward foundation grant proposals in partnership with the Executive Director and program staff; coordinate with National on multi-state grants;
- Track proposal progress and maintain grants calendar, including but not limited to submission deadlines and budgeting;
- Ensure timely and accurate grant reporting and submission;
Implement development communications and reporting
- Partner with the Executive Director, the Marketing and Communications Director and Digital Strategist to develop a robust donor communications strategy that guides the communications calendar and creation of donor-centered collateral materials;
- Work with key program staff to develop content for regular external communications with supporters.
Provide executive support and other administrative support to the Washington state team
- Coordinate team calendars and providing calendar management and other supports, as needed, to the Executive Director
- Assist with meeting preparation, facilitation, and follow up
- Make sure team timesheets and expenses are accurate and submitted by deadlines
- Manage travel logistics and other administrative support as needed
Oversee all operations and office management
- Create, implement, maintain and manage office systems in Washington state offices
- Provide responsive customer service to the public by greeting visitors and answering phones
- Manage relationships with vendors and coordinate all office purchasing and supplies and ensure they are within budget
- Manage technology systems at the local level, including copier and staff computers
- Manage intranet site, MyStand, making sure it is organized and updated regularly with all Washington state specific documents
- Be the liaison with off-site shared services teams including finance, human resources, technology, and compliance
- Plan and oversee office outings and activities, working to maintain and enhance office culture
- Passionate and unwavering belief in Stand for Children’s mission and strategy to ensure that all children, regardless of their background, graduate from high school prepared for and with access to a college education;
- Two years’ progressive experience in development or related field;
- Two years experience in administrative, executive support roles
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Adept at MS Office, particularly Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Strong aptitude and desire to implement office operations and systems, with process improvement outlook
- High comfort level with technology
- Ability to gracefully manage multiple projects under pressure and on deadline
- High level of attention to detail and strong aptitude and desire to keep systems and the team organized, especially in the face of multiple deadlines and projects
- Superior relational skills and familiarity with fundraising best practices with individual donors;
- Proven project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple tasks and projects while delivering quality work on schedule; Event planning experience preferred;
- Outstanding written communication skills and strong attention to detail;
- Experience with 501c4 and/or political fundraising preferred;
- Database experience; Salesforce experience preferred
- Ability to be stationary for extended periods of time and to travel to meetings outside of the office; Ability to lift more than 10 pounds, on occasion; May require the ability to climb stairs. Occasional weekend or early/late hour commitments.
To apply for this position, please click the "Apply Now" button at the top of this page to upload a resume and thoughtful cover letter. No calls please.
At Stand for Children, we believe ALL children deserve an equal opportunity to succeed in life and that education is the key that unlocks the door to success. Our mission is to ensure that all children, regardless of their background, graduate from high school prepared for, and with access to, college or career training. To make that happen, we ensure that parents, teachers, and community members have the tools they need to demand excellent public schools and improve the odds for our students. Together, we advocate for strong policies at the state and local level, elect education champions who will keep children at the center of their policy priorities, and follow through to ensure new policies are effectively implemented in public school classrooms.
Stand for Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse and culturally inclusive workplace in which our differences broaden our awareness, enrich our daily experiences and contribute to our collective strength. People of color, members of underrepresented ethnic or socioeconomic populations and bilingual/multi-lingual speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.
Stand for Children strives to be an employer of choice. We offer a competitive salary structure, excellent health and dental benefits, a 401k plan with a match, and generous paid time off. We build robust teams with dynamic and collaborative cultures, engaging employees in challenging work that provides opportunity for ongoing growth and skills development.
For more information, visit us at http://stand.org/national/about.
Stand for Children consists of two separate entities. Stand for Children, Inc., a grassroots membership organization is exempt under section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code, and Stand for Children Leadership Center, a leadership development organization is exempt under section 501(c)(3)