Attending a high-quality Pre-K program helps lay the foundation for future success. Expanding access to high-quality Pre-K programs for three- and four-year-olds living in underperforming school districts will help close the achievement gap and put Massachusetts’ children on a level playing field. High-quality Pre-K will help more than 40,000 children in low-income families and underperforming school districts in Massachusetts. Learn more about our campaign to expand access to Pre-K in Massachusetts on the Pre-K for MA coalition website.
Children who attend high-quality pre-k are:
- 40% less likely to repeat a grade;
- 30% more likely to graduate from high school;
- Twice as likely to go to college;
- Better prepared for kindergarten, especially in pre-reading, pre-math, and social skills;
- Develop better language skills, and fewer behavioral problems once they enter school.