BESE Elections 2019
The Board of Elementary and Secondary Education serves a vital role in creating policies that impact education for every student in the state of Louisiana. Stand for Children Louisiana is committed to endorsing and supporting education champions who will fight and enact policies that support and expand access to quality educational opportunities for all students.
The candidates endorsed by Stand for Children Louisiana are as follows:
- District 1 - Jim Garvey (WON)
- District 2 – Kira Orange Jones (WON)
- District 3 – Sandy Holloway (WON)
- District 4 – Tony Davis (elected unopposed)
- District 5 – Ashley Ellis (WON)
- District 6 – Ronnie Morris (WON)
- District 7 – Dr. Holly Boffy (WON)
- District 8 - Preston Castille (WON)
Every qualified or incumbent candidate was contacted and sent an initial questionnaire. Every candidate who returned a questionnaire was also invited to attend an interview with the Stand for Children endorsement committee.
“Stand for Children Louisiana’s endorsement process is an authentic pursuit to empower parents, educators, and faith leaders to actively engage in supporting bold education champions with a passionate connection to the communities each seeks to wholeheartedly serve." - Chrisdelin Kelly Lyles, endorsement committee member, parent, and former educator.
Please visit www.geauxvote.com to register to vote and see upcoming elections.