Career Opportunity: LA Operations Coordinator
At Stand for Children, we believe ALL children deserve an equal opportunity to succeed in life and that education is the key that unlocks the door to success. Our mission is to ensure that all children, regardless of their background, graduate from high school prepared for, and with access to, college or career training. To make that happen, we educate and empower parents, teachers, and community members to demand excellent public schools and improve the odds for our students. Together, we advocate for strong policies at the state and local level, elect education champions who will keep children at the center of their policy priorities, and follow through to ensure new policies are effectively implemented in public school classrooms.
Stand for Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a diverse and culturally inclusive workplace in which our differences broaden our awareness, enrich our daily experiences and contribute to our collective strength. People of color, members of underrepresented ethnic or socioeconomic populations and bilingual/multi-lingual speakers are strongly encouraged to apply.
Stand for Children Louisiana seeks a smart and passionate State Operations Coordinator who will work to ensure the state affiliate runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Executive Support
- Gathering and distributing materials to send in advance of coalition or partner meetings;
- Providing support to make sure team timesheets and expenses are submitted and approved according to policy and deadlines;
- Taking meeting minutes during staff meetings and other meetings as requested by the Louisiana Executive Director, coordinating team calendars and scheduling staff meetings;
- Managing travel logistics, processing receipts and mileage reports and timesheets;
- Assisting the Louisiana Executive Director in tracking state deliverables;
- Providing other research, project, and/or administrative support as needed;
- Operations and Office Management
- Creating, implementing and managing office systems in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and for all Louisiana staff;
- Providing responsive customer service to members and the public by: greeting visitors, answering phones, and managing general inquiry e-mail account;
- Managing the Louisiana calendars, phone lines, conference spaces, and staff meetings;
- Coordinating all office purchasing and office supplies, ensuring office purchasing for supplies and promotional materials falls within budget parameters;
- Managing relationships with all vendors, such as: printers, designers, and other outside sources, ensuring all contracts and expenses fall within budget parameters;
- Research cost-saving measures;
- Ensuring a full stock of Stand for Children packets and other materials in the office to support organizing and program staff;
- Managing all technology systems at the local level, including: copier, phone system, and database; working with off-site, internal technology staff to coordinate equipment and troubleshooting; acting as liaison between internal and external technology staff if and when necessary;
- Acting as a liaison between the Louisiana office and the Shared Services teams regarding financial and operational procedures;
- Liaising with the Talent Team and other relevant Shared Services teams in order to conduct orientations for all new staff on office policies and procedures; managing office layout and resources;
- Facilitating the sharing of information across states, and general support of others in role;
- Booking travel for various meetings, conferences, and retreats;
- Overseeing office culture activities and managing office branding;
- Project Management Support
- Supporting state team in activities as needed and defined by the Louisiana Executive Director, including, but not limited to, staff meetings and events, fundraising event support, and member summit support;
- Assisting the Louisiana team in planning and executing canvassing, phone banking, lobbying, or other activities on behalf of our legislative priorities;
- Working with the Louisiana Executive Director to determine special projects and/or research needs;
- Passionate and unwavering belief in Stand for Children’s mission and strategy to ensure that all children, regardless of their background, graduate from high school prepared for and with access to a college education;
- Minimum of 3 years’ of professional administrative/executive support experience required;
- Experience with Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word; high comfort level with technology necessary;
- Exceptional organizational skills, keen attention to detail, proactive problem-solving skills, and exemplary customer-service orientation;
- Ability to gracefully manage multiple tasks and projects under deadline critical;
- Ability to be flexible and agile in a fast-paced work environment;
- Ability to follow through on commitments to others and accept and incorporate direct feedback critical;
- Strong aptitude and desire to implement and manage office operations and systems, identifying inefficiencies and implementing system improvements as needed;
- High comfort level with rolling out new information or systems to team and helping in trouble-shooting and adoption process;
- Strong writing skills; clear, direct, and respectful communication skills; and
- Ability to transport items (less than 10 pounds); Ability to be stationary for extended periods of time; May require the ability to climb stairs.
Stand for Children strives to be an employer of choice. We offer a competitive salary structure, excellent health and dental benefits, a 401k plan with a match, and generous paid time off. We build robust teams with dynamic and collaborative cultures, engaging employees in challenging work that provides opportunity for ongoing growth and skills development.