As we welcome in the New Year and new opportunities to improve public education for all Louisiana’s children, we must also take a moment to celebrate all of the amazing things you helped us accomplish for students in 2018.
- In January, we saw years of hard work pay off when the New Orleans Mayor signed a historic budget which allocated city funds to create 50 new quality early learning seats for 0-4 year olds
- In May, we supported educators in securing adoptive parents’ right to maternity leave
- In August, members presented more than 1,200 petition signatures from parents, grandparents, community and faith leaders at the East Baton Rouge School Board meeting and demanded transparency and leadership from board members and district leaders
- In November and December we endorsed, supported and helped elect ten bold school board leaders in Jefferson and East Baton Rouge Parishes
- Over the course of 2018, 39 education leaders graduated from our Education Leadership Institute, three of whom ran for and were elected to their local school boards
- In 2018 we reached over 3,000 parents, grandparents and faith leaders with workshops and events
- The LEAD Fellowship empowered more than 50 of the state’s best and brightest educators to be stronger advocates for their students
2018 was an amazing year for students and it wouldn’t have been possible without gifts from generous donors like you. We hope you will consider a gift to Stand for Children Louisiana so that we may continue the important work of improving education for all students in the New Year.