Identifying, supporting, and electing education champions who will work hard for students and families. This year voters will be asked to cast their ballots for members of the Board of Elementary and Secondary Education, State legislators and for the office of Governor, to name a few. The importance of selecting leaders who are committed to putting children first is crucial to continuing the forward progress of our schools.
Oct. 12, 2019 Primary Election
- September 11 – Last day to register to vote in person or by mail.
- September 21 - Deadline to register to vote through the GeauxVote Online Registration System.
- September 28 – October 5 - Early voting period – polls are open from 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM everyday except Sunday! Find out where you can cast your early ballot here.
- October 8 – Deadline to request an absentee ballot. You can request an absentee by mail ballot online through the Secretary of State’s Voter Portal or in writing through your Registrar of Voters Office (other than military and overseas voters).
- October 12 – Primary election day, polls are open from 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM. Find your polling place by clicking here.