Ways that you can help those impacted by the floods in Louisiana
There is one thing that we know to be true in Louisiana, if our neighbor needs help, we’ll be there to lend a helping hand and maybe a bowl of Jambalaya too. When the disastrous floods started less than a week ago – we did just that – we helped each other, wherever we could and however we could. But with tens of thousands of our neighbors and friends displaced by floodwaters – we turn to you, our neighbors and friends, to help us rise about this floodwater and rebuild.
With your help we will be back stronger than ever, because that’s what it means to be #LouisianaStrong.
- Help Parents, Students and Educators – Stand for Children Louisiana has set up an Amazon Wish List to help fill the immediate, personal needs of our students, parents and educators who have been affected by flood damage. Tens of thousands of people were forced to evacuate their homes with nothing but the clothes on their back – please consider purchasing just one item for these families in need: https://amzn.com/w/JPTWLRVK79E0
- Help Rebuild Classrooms – More than 30 schools across South Louisiana have been flooded. Students and teachers who were just starting their school year, are now without a homeroom. Donate to the Associated Professional Educators of Louisiana’s Disaster Relief Fund to help teachers restock their classrooms with supplies: http://www.apeleducators.org/page/disasterrelief
- Adopt a School - Many students and teachers are still in the process of re-building their schools and homes. You can help them by donating individual items, or adopting an entire school find out more here: http://lacharterschools.org/ways-help-neighbors-affected-floods/
- Donate to BRAF – The Baton Rouge Area Foundation has pulled together a flood relief fund that will disperse donations to local non-profits aiding in flood relief efforts, meaning that your donation will go to the people in Louisiana who need it the most. Find out more here: http://www.braf.org/louisiana-flood-relief.
- Help Spread Awareness – We understand that you might not be able to give Simply sharing this blog and asking your friends and family to help those who have lost everything will help bring in donations and help from across the state and the country. Simply asking your friends to consider donating much needed items through Stand’s Amazon Wishlist – can mean the world for a family working to rebuild.