What We Stand For
For 25 years, we have advocated for better and equal education standards for all children by utilizing a strong three-pillared approach: Parents, Politics, and Policy. The strength of this approach, together with organizing and empowering parents and communities, can be seen in the countless policy, legislation, election, and budget wins across our state.
The work of Stand members is also felt heavily at the local district level. Members and staff have worked together to identify local roadblocks facing children in public education and advocate for the best solutions to fix those challenges. To ensure that we continue the fight and maximize our collective impact, we developed a set of standards and high-impact policies for how to accomplish our mission of effectively closing the achievement gap.
- Increased access to quality early childhood learning programs
- Electing strong student-centered leaders.
- Ensuring high standards for all children and an aligned assessment
- Supporting educators and policies that ensure all students have a high-quality teacher
- Increased access to high quality schools regardless of background
- Effective programs and systems in place to ensure on-time graduation for all students