Endorsements for IPS School Board
Stand for Children Indiana and its IPS parent advocates this fall endorsed four school board who they felt had the leadership and vision to improve our school and ensure every child in IPS has access to a great education.
The Stand Indiana parent endorsement process:
- Seven Stand Indiana parent-members were invited to comprise the 2016 Stand Indiana parent endorsement committee.
- All ten candidates who registered with the Marion County Clerk’s office for inclusion on the November ballot as candidates for the IPS school board were provided Stand Indiana’s endorsement questionnaire via certified mail. For consideration for Stand Indiana’s endorsement, candidates were to return the completed questionnaire to the Stand Indiana office by noon ET on August 30.
- Members of the parent endorsement committee were provided copies of completed candidate questionnaires returned to Stand Indiana by the August 30 deadline.
- After reviewing the completed questionnaires, the endorsement committee met to discuss and debate candidates for possible endorsement. In addition to candidate questionnaires, incumbent voting records and other public records were considered by the parent endorsement committee.
- At the meeting, the parent endorsement committee held votes for candidate endorsements for each of the four IPS school board seats under contention.
- On September 12, 2016, Stand Indiana publicly announced the parent endorsement committee’s endorsements.