What is a Connection Conversation?
- A proactive, intentional engagement of a family to jumpstart or strengthen the teacher/family partnership.
- A voluntary, scheduled videocall lasting 30 minutes between the classroom teacher and parents or caregivers. The student may also participate.
- An opportunity for educators to collaborate and support one another.
- Now open for Q2 of the 2020-21 School Year for CPS pre-K to 8 teachers with a classroom roster.
- Stipends are paid for the training and each visit. (Example: four visits earns a $250 stipend.)
- Designed with the CPS Five-Year Vision, especially the CPS Equity Framework, in mind.
- Face-to-face visits (even virtual ones) build connection, empathy, and trust.
- Teachers and families learn from one another to help form stronger teacher/family partnerships.
- Meaningful family engagement accelerates student achievement.