Ways to Get Involved
Stand offers several levels of opportunities to get involved, from signing up to receive our emails to becoming a member and investing in our work.
Meet some of our members who are standing for children. Then read below about the different ways you can get involved.
Stay Informed! As a Supporter of Stand, you sign-up for our email list and receive:
- Updates on the latest education policy and legislative developments
- Timely invitations on action steps you can take online or in person to advocate for policies and legislation that will move us toward a more equitable education system
- Invitations to meet with other parents and community members who share our values of quality education for all students
Take the next step! As a Member of Stand, you commit to stand for children by taking two or more actions with Stand in the upcoming year. Contact us to become a member. As a Stand member you receive:
- All the opportunities made available to Stand Supporters;
- Education workshops and organizing/advocacy trainings available exclusively to members;
- Access to Springfour – a free online resource provided to all Stand Members. This tool matches users to the best financial health resources in their community which are continuously vetted by SpringFour;
- Priority access to Stand as One retreats and pop-up events for Stand Members living in neighborhoods where this program is offered;
- Opportunities to participate in selected events connected to Connection Conversations with children attending participating schools; and
- For members who can be leaders in their community, opportunities to form a Stand Team, monthly one-on-one meetings with Stand staff, request promotion of official Stand events through our email list, blog, Twitter, and Facebook pages, first access to leadership and advanced advocacy workshops, access to online apps that allow you to manage your team and community events and action packs that include team leader business cards, buttons, and stickers for your team members, placards for team events, bumper stickers, and more. Leaders can request financial support for Stand approved event costs, printing, transportation and more.
Become a Fellow! Stand offers two types of fellowships -- Policy Fellowships and Stand Fellowships focused on family engagement and organizing. Participation is by application and invitation.
- Policy Fellows explore topics and research policy areas with a deep impact on education in our state. They work with policy experts, study data, and make policy recommendations. The 2019-20 Policy Fellows played a critical role in Stand’s evaluation of the dual credit landscape in Illinois.
- Stand Fellows commit to a one-year training fellowship to develop their leadership and advocacy skills in family engagement and community organizing. In addition to the benefits listed above for Supporters and Members, they receive:
- A Stand laptop to use during their term;
- A monthly reimbursement for travel, internet and cell phone expenses, and childcare;
- An honorarium; and
- Special training and leadership development opportunities.
Invest in Stand! Every dollar makes a difference. Make your tax-deductible donation in support of educational equity to Stand for Children Leadership Center.