How We've Changed Lives
We successfully advocated for and secured targeted reading interventions for some of the state’s most vulnerable students - $8 million in Early Literacy Grants this year, and $12 million next year. We are working to increase that amount in future years.
- We helped pass a state proposition that will bring $3.5 billion in funding to K-12 public schools over the next 10 years.
- Our parents supported override measures that successfully raised more than $20 million for the Alhambra and Roosevelt School Districts.
- We facilitated and funded a tutoring program that was inspired by Stand-trained parents. It is now a model of success that districts plan to expand.
- We are working with districts to improve attendance rates – a key factor in getting kids to read by the end of third grade.
- We helped school districts create performance based strategic plans.
- We are working with districts to improve access to Kindergarten and early literacy opportunities.
- We’ve trained more than 2,500 parents on the importance of education and how to get involved in order to influence policy.
- We canvassed, called, mailed, and posted messages in favor of our chosen Maricopa County Community College Board Members and successfully secured two spots in the general election, giving us the majority on a board vital to the health and relevance of community colleges in our area.
And that’s just the start. Learn more about Stand for Children Arizona and our other affiliate states in our 2016 Annual Report.