Like almost everything, legislative session this year will be different to help slow the spread of COVID-19. As we shared in our Capitol Week in Review newsletter, the Legislature convened briefly this month and will be reconvening in mid-February. Right now we are hard at work preparing to champion our legislative priorities for Colorado students, families, and educators.
This legislative session, we will continue to focus on our priorities around early literacy, early childhood, high school success, equitable school funding and racial justice. Would like us to keep you informed about what is happening at the Capitol and opportunities to advocate for students?
More specifically we will be advocating for:
- Policies to dramatically increase racial equity in schools and dismantle the policies that disproportionally lead to disciplinary actions against students of color
- Increased education funding and ensure that resources are more equitably distributed and spent well
- Every student to read on grade level
- Well prepared and diverse educators in every school
- Expansion of high-quality pre-k opportunities across Colorado
- 9th graders to complete their first year of high school on-track to graduate
We are committed to championing these efforts in partnership with legislators, organizations, parents, and educators. If you would like to hear about opportunities to get involved this legislative session, sign up here.