Stand for Children’s mission is to ensure that all children, regardless of their background, graduate from high school prepared for, and with access to, a college education. To make that happen, we:
- Educate and empower parents, teachers, and community members to demand excellent schools.
- Advocate for local, state, and national education policies and investments and ensure those policies effectively impact classrooms and students.
- Elect courageous leaders who will stand up for our priorities.
Stand for Children Colorado is made up of parents, teachers, and community members who elect and influence state and local officials to make meaningful improvements to Colorado public schools. Our members make a profound difference for children, while acquiring lifelong skills to lead their communities.
- Elevating careers in education through meaningful training, professional development, and evaluations that can help teachers and principals improve their practice
- Setting a high bar for public schools to prepare students to thrive – not just survive – as adults
- Promoting increased and sustainable funding for Colorado’s schools, focused on programs that lay the groundwork for student success
- Providing greater access to quality public schools, whether they are traditional, charter, or innovation