Stand for Children Arizona has had a wonderful year, and as we gear up for the upcoming legislative session, and dig in to support the implementation of the new ELL laws, we want to pause for a moment to say thank you to all who have supported us, and to share our gratitude!
For Member Growth!
- More than 1,000 parent members and supporters “on the ground”
- More than 18,000 online supporters
- 27 Community Leaders, trained to support education in their schools and neighborhoods across 27 schools in 5 districts
- More than 3,000 books accessed through the Unite for Literacy online library
- More than 1,500 print books distributed to families in low-income communities
- 80 workshops held
- More than 2,700 actions taken by members
For Policy Wins!
After two years and countless setbacks, Stand Arizona-sponsored ELL reform legislation passed in 2019. This was a big deal and will help 85,000 English Language Learners (ELL) across the state.
New frameworks are expected to be approved this December. In the spring of 2020 school districts and charter schools will have to choose one of the new and approved models for use in the 2020-2021 school year.
We’ve been working closely with school districts to help them successfully navigate these changes.
For New Donors
For Returning Donors
For Individual Donors!
We’re also grateful to our individual donors – every dollar makes a difference!
For new resources!
Stand for Children Arizona’s Resource Hub is a comprehensive place where you can find policy research, helpful information, and actionable steps.