Leave your lawmaker a voicemail today.
Here are a few tips:
- Make sure you say your name, phone number, and address at the beginning of the call (so your elected official knows they are hearing from a person in their district)
- Be polite, but firm.
- If you mess up, it’s ok - you can erase it and record again!
Let’s get started!
- Dial (602) 491-9482 and follow the prompts to leave a voicemail.
- You have up to one minute to record. Personalize the sample script below, or use your own.
- Its ok to be much shorter than one minute. Include our website so they know where the call is coming from.
- Make sure you leave your address (so we can get your message to the right people), or Your full zip code 8####-####.
- Simply hang up when you are done (or call back if you want a “do over”).
- We’ll deliver the voicemail to your state legislators on your behalf.
- You can lookup your full zip code here https://tools.usps.com/zip-code-lookup.htm?byaddress
Hi, this is Jane Doe, and I live in your district at 649 N 4th Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85003 OR your full zip code 8####-####. I’m calling to ask you to take the necessary steps to fund adequately fund schools. I understand this isn’t going to be easy, but it is not impossible. Arizona’s future depends on lawmakers doing the right thing for our students. Thank you, my phone number is (918) 456-5511 if you have any questions. Goodbye. [Note: Leaving your phone number is optional, but many legislators prefer you do so they can follow up.]
We can’t stress this enough – leaving a voicemail is one of the most impactful actions you can take other than meeting with your lawmaker. It’s easy and fast, and it makes a difference. After you leave your message, here are some other actions for you to take:
- Print this script, carry it with you, and ask your friends to leave a voicemail also.
- Share the website on Facebook and Twitter and ask your friends to call as well.
- Sign up for more action updates at stand.org/arizona