Stand for Children is a non-profit education advocacy organization focused on ensuring all students receive a high quality, relevant education, especially those whose boundless potential is overlooked and under-tapped because of their skin color, zip code, first language, or disability.
WE MAKE AN IMPACT BY:
- Partnering with parents to support their children’s education journey and to become strong advocates.
- Advocating, mainly at the state and local level, for proven policies and funding primarily focused on helping students reach make-or-break milestones:
- Reading well by the end of third grade
- Graduating high school ready for college, career training, or a career
- Ensuring the changes we fight for reach classrooms and directly support students.
- Electing candidates committed to fighting for an equitable public education system that gives all students a chance to succeed.
HOW WE ARE FUNDED:Stand for Children Arizona is grateful for the contributions and support of community partners and civic leaders. In 2018, we welcomed new donors such as Phoenix IDA, Southwest Gas, and the Adelante Foundation. In addition, we were honored to receive continued support from Helios Education Foundation and Arizona Community Foundation and donations from 65 individual donors.